The Meridian’s Commitment to Communities Sean Jackson Scholarship recognizes and rewards community initiative, innovation and impact among Ontario youth. Each year, we award one leading post-secondary scholarship to a high school graduate who has demonstrated both academic excellence and an outstanding commitment to communities of their own.
Meridian is interested in hearing from students who are using energy, creativity and entrepreneurship to solve or address a vital problem in their community. Whether they are advocating for youth literacy or creating a solution for blue box lids, our past scholarship winners have made a demonstrated community impact.
The Scholarship is open to secondary students entering any field of study who meet the following criteria:
- The student must be an Ontario resident
- The student must be planning to enter their first year of study in the fall academic term at a recognized, publicly funded Canadian college or university
- The student must have achieved an academic average of 80 per cent or higher
- The student must have demonstrated an outstanding commitment to their community. This can be achieved through volunteerism that demonstrates leadership and/or initiating innovative community projects.
- All applications must be received by 11:59 pm on Sunday, April 15, 2018
- Required documents:
- Official Transcripts (most recent)
- Letter of Recommendation from school (signed)
- Letter of Recommendation from community group (signed)
- Proof of post-secondary education acceptance
- When saving your documents, please name them using the following conventions: Last Name, First Name, Document name (e.g. Smith, John, Transcript; Smith, John, Letter of Recommendation; etc.)
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
Applications will be accepted for the Meridian's Commitment to Communities Sean Jackson Scholarship as of March 1. Please note only those selected for second round interviews will be contacted. The winner will be announced in June 2018.