- All students accepted into a full time, eligible graduate program are considered.
- Graduate students enrolled in a full-time MA, MSc, MFA, MMus, MEd, MC, MSc, Mgt or PhD program
- Academic achievement. Minimum entrance GPA of 3.7
- Program-relevant assessment of candidate's demonstrated aptitude, research skill, materal and/or performance-related productions and activities may also be considered
- Completed no more than 24 months or 48 months in the respective masters or doctoral program
No application is required. All eligible candidates are considered at the time of application to the graduate program
Departmental Review Committees are encouraged to include their recommendations for this award in the review process of individuals' application for admission
Renewal in subsequent years is contingent upon applying for external funding from international, national or provincial funding agencies
Must maintain minimum GPA of 3.7 and satisfactory progress and standing in the graduate program
NOTE: This award may be held concurrently with other awards, scholarships, fellowships. In the event a student is offered multiple awards valued at $10,000 and greater, the student is encouraged to accept the non-Dean's Scholarship. The SGS will provide a $3,000 supplement to the additional award(s).