• be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
• be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident one of the following conditions must apply:
- one parent must currently be residing in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for twelve (12) consecutive months before being a full-time student, or
- is married to an Alberta resident before the start of the qualifying year of study.
• be graduating from an Alberta high school in the current academic year,
• be from a family where neither parent obtained a university degree, and
• be enrolled or planning to enroll full-time in a program of study in an Alberta publicly funded post-secondary institution in a Faculty of Education.