Medical Radiation Sciences (Radiography Specialization) (B.M.R.Sc.)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Industrial Radiologic Technology/Technician
Medical Radiologic Technology/Science - Radiation Therapist
|Description:||Medical Radiation Sciences encompasses the health professions that employ various forms of radiation in diagnostic and therapeutic care of patients. It is one of the fastest growing primary health care fields. McMaster and Mohawk College offer a fully integrated program that leads to the attainment of both an Advanced Diploma and Bachelor of Medical Radiation Sciences degree. This MRSc program promotes skills in its graduates to prepare them for lifelong, self-directed learning, and critical thinking, and to become an integral part of the health care team. After completing their first year, students are streamed into one of three professional specializations: Radiography, Sonography and Radiation therapy.
|URL:||Medical Radiation Sciences (Radiography Specialization) (B.M.R.Sc.) at McMaster University
|Cost per year:*||
Cost per year is based on 30 units, and includes the cost of tuition and mandatory supplementary fees.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||85 to 88
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- Grade12 Biology
- Grade12 Chemistry
Applicants are required to at least six Grade 12 U/M level courses, including: ENG4U, MHF4U, MCV4U, SBI4U, and SCH4U.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. 176] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85]
Students who have been asked to meet McMaster's English Language Proficiency requirement must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving the minimum requirements as specified by McMaster: IELTS: 6.5, CAE: 176, PTE: 60, CAEL: 70, MELAB: 85, TOEFL (iBT): 86
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.