Photonics and Laser Technology (PLT)
|Faculty:||School of Information Technology
|Field of Study:||Laser and Optical Technology/Technician
|Description:||Carleton University has joined forces with Algonquin College to offer this unique program. When you graduate, you will receive both a Bachelor of Information Technology degree in Photonics and Laser Technology from Carleton University and a technology diploma from Algonquin College.
Our new and innovative four-year PLT program focuses on an area of technology that has become prevalent in almost every aspect of 21st-century life. The program is designed not only to teach the fundamentals of photonics and laser technology but also to help advance core technologies within the industry itself. Students will benefit from the program’s close ties to the photonics industry, through co-op opportunities and the integration of the latest innovations into the curriculum.
|URL:||Photonics and Laser Technology (PLT) at Carleton University
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||72 to 75
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Chemistry
Calculus and Vectors is strongly recommended.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.