Lakehead University - Orillia
|School:||Lakehead University - Orillia
|Faculty:||Science and Environmental Studies
|Field of Study:||Geography
|Description:||Geography is the study of spatial patterns and processes on Earth's surface and the relationship between society, populations and the environment. Our Geography programs focus on physical geography, dealing with spatial aspects of land, water and the atmosphere, as well as human geography which explores the cultural, political and economic forces behind the distribution of human activities.
As a Geography student you will spend the first two years building a foundation of knowledge in a wide spectrum of geographical themes which examine:
- Where populations and activities are located on Earth
- When and why physical and environmental patterns change
- The impacts these changes have on human and physical environments
- The responses to these impacts
|URL:||Geography at Lakehead University - Orillia
|Cost per year:*||
This cost estimate is for Year 1 of the program.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent high school diploma; Gr. 12 U English; 5 additional Gr. 12 U or M credits;
A minimum 70% overall final average is required for admission consideration
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 60]
Applicants whose first language is not English will need to satisfy Lakehead University’s English language proficiency requirements. Applicants can complete one of the following recognized language tests with the required minimum scores: TOEFL-PBT-550; CBT-213; or iBT-80; IELTS-6.5; MELAB-85; CAEL-60
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.