Public Relations - Corporate
|Field of Study:||Business/Corporate Communications
|Description:||This program is an intensive learning experience that will prepare you to be a flexible public relations and communications practitioner with excellent management, research, writing, technical and social skills. You'll be capable of working independently and becoming productive quickly in a communications or consulting position. Employers and academics in Europe, the USA and most Commonwealth countries now recognize that the practice of public relations (corporate communications) is an applied discipline grounded in its immediate social context. To succeed in the field, practitioners need to develop and apply public relations administration skills and the knowledge of how contemporary societies work and interact with commercial, institutional and political forces and trends.
|URL:||Public Relations - Corporate at Seneca College
|Cost per year:*||
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- A degree or three-year diploma from a recognized college/university.
- English proficiency at the college level.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
International students whose first language is not English must fulfill an English Proficiency requirement in order to qualify for application. English Proficiency requirements are as follows for consideration: Minimum TOEFL score of 580 (paper based) or 88 (internet based with no test below 22), OR Academic IELTS with an overall minimum score of 6.5 (no single test score below 6.0), OR CAEL with an overall band score of 70
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Applicants will be selected on the basis of their previous scholastic record; work record, if applicable; a brief (400 word maximum) statement of interest in a career in public relations; and a writing test. Because the number of applicants exceeds the number of places available, only those applicants who can demonstrate ability in successful self–management, self–directed learning, professionalism, and the highest likelihood of success will be considered.
- Statement of Research Interests
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.