Architectural Conservation and Sustainability Engineering
|Faculty:||Faculty of Engineering
|Degree:||Bachelor; Co-op; Honours
|Field of Study:||Architectural Engineering
Natural Resources Conservation and Research, Other
|Description:||Sustainability has become a key consideration in both society and engineering. There is a growing need for engineers with expertise in the closely related areas of heritage conservation and sustainable building design. Carleton’s program in Architectural Conservation and Sustainability Engineering teaches students a modern approach for the design and retrofit of buildings that holds sustainability as the guiding objective while respecting architectural history and significance. Students learn to consider the life cycle costs and environmental impacts of building materials, energy demand, and the effective reuse and conservation of existing structures. Students in the program work closely with Carleton’s architecture students and have the option between following a Structural stream or an Environmental stream after their second year.
|URL:||Architectural Conservation and Sustainability Engineering at Carleton University
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||75 to 85
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
Although it is not an admission requirement, at least one 4U course in either English or French is recommended.Calculus and Vectors is also highly recommended.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.