|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Biology/Biological Sciences, General
|Description:||An undergraduate degree in Life Sciences will prepare you to incorporate knowledge from the multidisciplinary fields of biology, psychology, biochemistry, kinesiology and environmental sciences. The vast amount of information from these disciplines provides you with a the strong background to approach scientific research from a directed and holistic point of view.
The Life Sciences Program allows you to shape your own education according to your specific interests. This program provides multiple opportunities for you to explore the numerous facets of life. The courses offered within Life Sciences are designed to challenge you to think beyond the traditional disciplines of science and enhance your problem solving skills. A Life Science student is well rounded in both empirical knowledge and technical skills to further scientific investigations and discoveries.
|URL:||Life Sciences at McMaster University
|Cost per year:*||
Cost per year is based on 30 units, and includes the cost of tuition and mandatory supplementary fees.
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||85 to 88
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English (ENG4U)
- Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Calculus
- Grade12 Biology
- Grade12 Advanced Functions or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Physics
Applicants are required to at least six Grade 12 U/M level courses, including: ENG4U; one of: MHF4U, MCV4U; SBI4U; and one of: MHF4U, MCV4U, SCH4U, SPH4U. Note: Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) is recommended.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. 176] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86]
Students who have been asked to meet McMaster's English Language Proficiency requirement must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving the minimum requirements as specified by McMaster: IELTS: 6.5, CAE: 176, PTE: 60, CAEL: 70, MELAB: 85, TOEFL (iBT): 86.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.