Mathematics and Physics
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Degree:||Bachelor; Co-op; Honours
|Field of Study:||Mathematics, General
|Description:||Mathematics is a driving force behind many of today’s advancements in medicine, economics and business, and science and technology. The solid mathematical knowledge and skills you acquire at Carleton will give you a competitive edge in a wide variety of careers and prepare you to contribute to the next generation of innovations.
You can choose a Combined Honours program which incorporate programs in Mathematics and Statistics with those from other disciplines such as Biology, Economics, Computer Science and Physics. You can also pursue a Bachelor of Science (Double Honours) in Mathematics and Physics, or choose one of the following Combined Honours within the Bachelor of Mathematics programs. The Double Honours BSc in Mathematics and Physics is a very rigorous program, best suited to outstanding students who have excelled in Math and Physics in secondary school. It is excellent preparation for graduate school in either subject area.
|URL:||Mathematics and Physics at Carleton University
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||PhysicistsMathematicians, Statisticians and Actuaries||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||78 to 82
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Physics or Grade12 Earth and Space Science
- Calculus and Vectors
MHF4U and MCV4U and one of SPH4U, SBI4U or SCH4U. SPH4U is strongly recommended.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 580] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.