These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with a majority of senior credits at the College Preparation (C), University Preparation (U) or University/College Preparation (M) level or Mature Student Status (age 19 or older). If applicant is a mature student, he/she must have completed the required prerequisite course(s), their equivalent(s), or have obtained appropriate Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) Certificate program credits.
- Grade 12 English: ENG4(C) or ENG4(U)
- Grade 11 or 12 Fashion Skills
- Grade 12 Mathematics
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 50] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.0]
International students whose first language is not English must fulfill an English Proficiency requirement in order to qualify for application. English Proficiency requirements are as follows for consideration: A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper based) or 80 (internet based with no test below 20) - TOEFL code 9212, OR Academic IELTS with an overall minimum score of 6.0 (with no single test score below 5.5), OR CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment) with an overall band score of 50
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
A Sample Portfolio, including a letter of intent, a résumé, and a demonstration of garment construction will be required for admissions consideration to this program. The results of academic achievement (i.e. grades in pre–requisite courses or their equivalents), letter, résumé, and garment construction sample will provide the basis upon which selection of applicants is determined. If you have completed a sewing course at a High School or another Post Secondary institution you may be exempt from the garment construction portion of the Sample Portfolio.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests