University of Waterloo
|School:||University of Waterloo
|Faculty:||Faculty of Mathematics
|Field of Study:||Theoretical and Mathematical Physics
|Description:||As fields such as nanotechnology, cosmology, and quantum computing continue to expand, Mathematical Physics grads are in high demand. There is huge interest in mathematical physics due to exciting developments in both technology, such as nanotechnology and quantum optics, and fundamental physics, such as cosmology and quantum computing.
In this program, you'll study the mathematical and theoretical sides of physics and will be well-prepared to embark on a career in research and development or to pursue graduate studies.
|URL:||Mathematical Physics at University of Waterloo
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||87
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
One other Grade 12 U course is required. Grade 11 Computer and Information Science is recommended.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 90] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 75]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.