Mathematics and Statistics (Statistics Sub-Plan)
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Mathematics, General
|Description:||McMaster offers a variety of honours degrees in Mathematics and Statistics. These include a core program which allows the student the flexibility to pursue interests in other areas; specializations in Mathematics, Actuarial and Financial Mathematics and Statistics, which encourage the student to create a more focussed program of study; and several joint honours and co-op programs.
Entry to any of these programs is either through the Level 1 Mathematics and Statistics, or through any other Level 1 program at the university, provided the student has completed Math 1A03, 1AA3 and 1B03 (with high enough grades). Students who are planning to continue in Math & Stats should enrol in Level 1 Math & Stats as this gives them the dual advantages of courses Math 1X03, 1XX3 and 1C03 targeted to Math & Stats students and complete flexibility in their choice of other courses.
|URL:||Mathematics and Statistics (Statistics Sub-Plan) at McMaster University
|Cost per year:*||
Cost per year is based on 30 units, and includes the cost of tuition and mandatory supplementary fees.
|Careers:||Mathematicians, Statisticians and Actuaries||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||82 to 85
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English (ENG4U)
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
Applicants are required to have at least six Grade 12 U/M level courses, including: ENG4U, MHF4U, and MCV4U.
- International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 85] or Cambridge English for Speakers of Other Languages: Certificate in Advanced English [min. 176] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 86]
Students who have been asked to meet McMaster's English Language Proficiency requirement must demonstrate English language proficiency by achieving the minimum requirements as specified by McMaster: IELTS: 6.5, CAE: 176, PTE: 60, CAEL: 70, MELAB: 85, TOEFL (iBT): 86.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.