Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|School:||Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science, Engineering, and Architecture
|Field of Study:||Mining and Mineral Engineering
|Description:||Become part of an organization of professionals with a rich history at the Bharti School of Engineering. Answer the call to be an engineer and work toward a common goal. Study and work with professionals in one of the most productive and fertile geology in the world. Learn to consider the environmental, social, and economic impacts that influence decisions in mining and the community.
Compete on a regional, provincial, and national level in the Canadian Engineering Competition. The Junior or Senior Design Teams both ranked first in the country during the 2015 competition. This program is offered in both English and French. This program has a co-op option. Please contact the Bharti School of Engineering for more information.
|URL:||Mining Engineering at Laurentian University/Universite Laurentienne
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Mining SupervisorsMining Engineers||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||70
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Chemistry
- Grade12 Physics
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors or Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Earth and Space Science or Grade12 Economics
Ontario secondary school students who apply for admission to first year at Laurentian University must present an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), as well as at least six grade 12 4U/4M courses (as specified in each program listing) with the minimum grade requirements. For additional information regarding admission prerequisites, contact our Admissions Office at 1-800-263-4188 or 705-675-4843.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 70] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 80] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 230] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 88]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.