University of Waterloo
|School:||University of Waterloo
|Faculty:||Faculty of Science
|Field of Study:||Biological and Physical Sciences
|Description:||If you are passionate about science, but want to keep your interests broad, Honours Science is for you! Offering you the greatest flexibility within the Faculty of Science, this program allows you to explore your interests without choosing a major. Nearly half of your courses are electives. You can choose additional science courses or choose from other departments across the university, providing you with an educational experience that matches your interests and goals.
If you decide to choose a major (such as Biology or Chemistry), you can do so at any time up to third year. Honours Science provides an excellent foundation for your career or for further education, such as medical school or a master's degree.
|URL:||Honours Science at University of Waterloo
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||80
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Advanced Functions
- Grade12 Calculus and Vectors
- 2 of Biology or Chemistry or Earth and Space Science or Mathematics of Data Management
- 2 of Physics
The following courses are recommended: Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Space Science, and Physics.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 90] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6.5] or Canadian Academic English Language Assessment [min. 75]
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.