Associate of Arts in Social Sciences
|Faculty:||Briercrest College - Arts and Science
|Field of Study:||Social Sciences, General
|Description:||The Social Sciences are about human society—the relationships of individuals both within it and to it. Students in the AA Social Sciences take introductory courses in the Social Sciences and have the opportunity to become acquainted with several other disciplines including English, Fine Arts, History, Philosophy, Theology, and Biblical Studies.
The AA Social Sciences allows students to maximize university-transferable credits in a setting that encourages them to think seriously about the relationship between Biblical and Theological Studies and the Social Sciences. This degree helps students build a solid foundation in preparation for life and service.
|URL:||Associate of Arts in Social Sciences at Briercrest College
|Cost per year:*||
1 class = 3 credit hours.
$996 per 3 credit hour course ($332/credit)
$5976 is the cost of 18 credit hours
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||60 to 100
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
Applicants wishing to be accepted into Briercrest College as a full-time or part-time student must:
- Have earned a high school diploma with a minimum average of 60 per cent in four academic grade 12 courses, including at least one academic English course.
- Be a professing and practicing Christian.
- Commit to live by the standards set out the Briercrest College and Seminary
|Additional Admission Requirements:||the completion of the AA core requirements, the completion of 24 credit hours of Social Sciences requirements including: 6 credit hours of one social science sequence (ECON 100 and 101; PSY 100 and 101; SOC 100 and 101);18 credit hours of social science electives selected from Administration, Anthropology, Economics, Native Studies, Psychology, or Sociology; the completion of Free Electives (to bring credit hour total to 63 credit hours), SL 1-2 Service and Experiential Learning (non-credit)
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.