The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
Global Resource Systems
|School:||The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Faculty:||Land and Food Systems
|Field of Study:||International/Global Studies
Land Use Planning and Management/Development
Natural Resources and Conservation, Other
|Description:||The Global Resource Systems program recognizes that solving complex resource problems requires a wide range of skills, as well as a global and interdisciplinary approach. You enter the program after completing your first year in Land & Food Systems, Arts, or Sciences. In the third and fourth years of the program, you select a resource area and a region of the world as the focus of your studies.
|URL:||Global Resource Systems at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Cost per year:*||
|Careers:||Urban and Land Use Planners||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||84 to 89
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade12 Principles of Mathematics or Grade12 Precalculus
- Grade12 Biology or Grade12 Chemistry or Grade12 Geology or Grade12 Physics
- Grade11 English
- 2 of Grade11 Biology or Grade11 Physics or Grade11 Chemistry
- Grade11 Social Studies
- Grade11 Principles of Mathematics or Grade11 Precalculus
- Grade11 International Languages
Final grade of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English, Graduation from high school with a minimum average of 70% (or higher for many programs), minimum of 67% in Principles of Mathematics 12 or Pre-Calculus 12 (or equivalent), and one other approved Grade 12 course are also required.
Grade 11 courses listed are required but not included in calculation of admission average.
This is a second-year entry program. Students can apply only if they will have completed 24 credits by their start date.
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.