The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|School:||The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Field of Study:||Nurse Midwife/Nursing Midwifery
|Description:||The Midwifery Program at UBC has been preparing midwives for over a decade. Offered on a full-time basis, it provides a relevant and high quality educational experience that allows graduates to enter directly to practice following licensure. Graduates are working as midwives across all settings in British Columbia and across Canada. Additionally, many graduates are also preceptors and clinical faculty in the program, supporting the education of later students.
|URL:||Midwifery at The University of British Columbia - Vancouver
|Cost per year:*||
|Grade for Entrance Previous Year (%)*||84 to 89
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- 2 of Grade11 English or Grade11 International Languages
- Grade11 Mathematics
- Grade11 Social Studies
- Grade11 Science
- Grade12 International Languages
Final grade of 70% in Grade 11 or Grade 12 English, Graduation from high school with a minimum average of 70% (or higher for many programs), and three other approved Grade 12 courses are also required.
Chemistry 11 is recommended.
Grade 11 courses listed are required but not included in calculation of admission average.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||
Preference for entry is given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. While the program is open to international applicants, very few places are available annually, and only exceptionally well-qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
* The entrance grade may change from year to year. Please contact the school for further information.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.