These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
• Grade 12 English (ENG4C or ENG4U). If English is not your first language, refer to the English Language Proficiency Policy in this publication
• Three Grade 11 or Grade 12 C, U or M courses in addition to those listed above
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (Paper Based) [min. 550] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Computer Based) [min. 213] or Test of English as a Foreign Language (Internet Based) [min. 80] or International English Language Testing System (academic or immigration) [min. 6] or Michigan English Language Assessment Battery [min. 76]
|Additional Admission Requirements:||• Attendance at an information/interview session, which includes:
– written documentation from employers of at least 60 hours of secondary school co-op, volunteer or paid work experience, preferably with people who have developmental disabilities. Experience in other social service areas will be considered. The letter of reference should comment on your performance during your work experience. You can provide more than one letter of reference if applicable
– completion of a written questionnaire
– completion of an English writing sample (topic assigned at session), which will be assessed for English proficiency. Applicants living 200 kilometres or more from the Greater Toronto Area may make alternative arrangements to do the English writing sample
Before their field placement may begin, students must supply: a Medical Certificate of Health, valid Standard First Aid Certificate, Heartsaver AED (C), and an up-to-date Police Record Check.