George Brown College
|School:||George Brown College
|Faculty:||School of Nursing
|Field of Study:||Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training
|Description:||The Practical Nursing program at George Brown College prepares individuals wishing to enter the practice of nursing as practical nurses. Following successful completion of the program, graduates will be eligible to write the Registered Practical Nursing examination. After passing this examination, the graduate will be granted a Certificate of Registration by the College of Nurses of Ontario and be eligible to practice as a Registered Practical Nurse in the province of Ontario. The program has been designed to meet new entry-to-practice requirements adopted by the College of Nurses of Ontario and new program standards set by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
The program provides students with the opportunity to acquire knowledge of nursing, human anatomy and physiology, disease processes and the humanities. Students will have an opportunity to apply what they have learned in the classroom in a variety of health-care settings.
|URL:||Practical Nursing at George Brown College
|Cost per year:*||
Amounts listed are the total of tuition, materials, student service and ancillary fees for the first two semesters of programs starting in fall 2014. Fees are subject to change for programs starting in fall 2015 and at later dates.
Please note: This program does not accept International students.
These courses are intended as guidelines. Speak to your guidance counsellor to see what courses are offered at your school.
- Grade12 English
- Grade11 Mathematics
- Grade11 Biology
- Grade11 Chemistry
Applicants are selected on the basis of their academic achievement, including the required courses, and any other selection criteria outlined below.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent (for students 19 years of age or older)
- Grade 12 English (C or U) - English with a grade of 70 or higher.
- Grade 11 Math (M or U) or Grade 12 (C or U) - Mathematics with a grade of 60 or higher.
- Grade 11 Biology (C or U) or Grade 12 (U) - Biology with a grade of 70 or higher.
- Grade 11 Chemistry (U) or Grade 12 (C or U) - Chemistry with a grade of 60 or higher.
|Additional Admission Requirements:||Applicants are required to complete mandatory testing in English, Basic Sciences and Mathematics.
Upon confirmation of acceptance into this program, students must meet all the mandatory pre-placement health requirements for the program. In compliance with the requirements of our placement partners, all students in this program are required to have a police vulnerable sector check completed, and this check must be renewed annually before entering into field or clinical placement. Please see website for additional application requirements.
* We make every attempt to provide accurate information on prerequisites, programs, and tuition. However, this information is subject to change without notice and we highly recommend that you contact the school to confirm important information before applying.