Plan To Celebrate Your Best School Year Yet!
Make SMART plans to make this year count.
A new or even final school year can often seem daunting, but now is the perfect time to make a fresh start and set new goals.
5 ways to make the most of your year:
- 1. Explore your options for after high school. Do you want to study, work, travel, or combine all three? For example, studying in the UK could save you time and money with three year or even two year fast track (e.g. Bachelor of Law) straight from high school.
- 2. Investigate the costs and the many bursaries and scholarships available at home and abroad, e.g. UoG offers up to £2,000 International Grant Awards* for Canadian students.
- 3. Check out the grades you need ahead of time and start planning how you can realistically achieve them.
- 4. Make yourself a priority and don’t forget to take care of yourself. Establish a regular, quality sleep pattern and take the time to plan healthy meals and time for exercise.
- 5. Factor in time with friends and family – whether it is studying, exercising, relaxing together or even making plans for the Summer it’s important to strike a study-life balance.
The easiest way to stay on track is to set SMART objectives, i.e. set goals that are:
- Specific – Be clear as to what you want to achieve.
- Measurable – How will you know when you have succeeded?
- Achievable – Push yourself, but consider your capabilities and external limitations.
- Realistic – Is it possible to achieve your goal?
- Time specific– Set a timeframe for how long it will take to achieve
Be SMART and plan the year ahead.
* To be confirmed for 2018 entry, applicable to self-funded, full-degree, on-campus students, for first year tuition fees.