Here's Some Key Advice Before Arriving At School
Useful tips and tricks from Algonquin College.
First and foremost, here’s a great video on the 10 things to know about Algonquin Ottawa Campus.
And here’s our list of the top 5 things that we recommend,
1. Orientation is a great way to kick start your Algonquin experience by getting to know your campus, meeting with professors, exploring the College community, connecting with classmates, and taking part in fun social events.
2. The Students’ Association – They always have really cool things going on. Everything from events to athletics to where to eat. Get involved.
3. If you’re finding the first few weeks a challenge, we can help. Whether it’s personal or academic stress, Counselling Services offers caring, confidential and professional help at no cost.
4. Set yourself up for success and get academic help from a trained student. The Algonquin Peer Tutoring Centre matches current students who are having academic difficulties with trained students for one-on-one tutoring.
5. Do you need some help using the software and online applications? The Student Survival Guide is a useful resource to help you out. You can also register for an event at Intro to Tech@AC – and learn what you need to know about Blackboard, ACSIS and Live@AC sessions.
Make sure you follow us on Twitter and Facebook. And have a great year!