The Career Files
Make yourself employability ready with Swansea University!
Avanade UK’s general manager states that “a perspective employer will always looks favourably on the effort taken by those who have done work experience, which empowers new talent and gives them an edge to push for the most sought after graduate positions in the field.
Work experience allow the opportunity to:
Provide you with the experience which will enhance your both knowledge and job applications. You will feel more confident at interviews as you will be able to you'll be able to talk more authoritatively and ask relevant questions.
Provide you with a chance to try things out to see if they suit you and confirm your career choice? If not, this is of equal importance as it allows you to re-direct your energy into a career you may find more rewarding.
Year long placements look very impressive on your CV and if you perform well, can lead to the offer of a full-time job after graduation. Many institutions offer work experience as a compulsory component of the degree schemes
Swansea University, located in Wales, just three hours west of London, is a vibrant city which enjoys a fantastic coastal location.
- Swansea University is the top university in Wales in the prestigious Times rankings.
- Swansea University is in the top 15 UK institutions for student satisfaction
- Swansea University offers excellent student support, with college specific career advisers on hand to help you excel and achieve.
- Swansea The Swansea Employability Academy (SEA) provides a network for linking students with employers - ranging from employer talks and workshops through to student led networking events: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/sea/
- You may also wish to check out our new video of the first class facilities and support available at Swansea: https://youtu.be/wIupEOoaf8Q
- You can make direct application here: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/international/students/apply/ontrack/
- Swansea University offers scholarships for international students and is also authorised to accept OSAP funding: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/international/students/fees-and-funding/
Interested? Please contact Angela Jones: email@example.com