6 Ways to Finance Your Studies at Concordia University
Concordia University gives over 1,700 awards totaling more than $15 million.
Concordia University gives over 1,700 awards totaling more than $15 million. We are committed to providing the support you need to focus on your studies. Take a look at some of the generous student funding opportunities available to graduate students:
- 1. Entrance Scholarships: You are automatically considered for all entrance graduate awards when you apply to Concordia. No separate application required.
- 2. Disseminate Your Research Nationally and Internationally: Share your research findings and discoveries at a local, national or international conference. Doctoral students can travel anywhere in the world and receive funding of up to $1,000 a semester, for each semester of their program. Master’s students can benefit from conference funding too.
- 3. Your Success is Rewarded: Excel in your courses and you will be eligible for merit-based awards in your second, third and fourth years. Frequent award competitions are open to all outstanding graduate students each term. Conduct a customized search on the Graduate Awards Directory.
- 4. Awards Available For International Students: International tuition remissions allow eligible students to pay Quebec tuition rates. Additional awards are also available to international students studying in Canada.
- 5. Teaching and Research Assistantships: We allocate $9 million to TAs and RAs. Assistantships provide you with practical experience and supplement your income while you study.
- 6. Graduate Sooner: Hard work is rewarded. In 2016, more than 100 Doctoral students were awarded an Accelerator Award of $5,000 so they could focus on writing their thesis and graduate sooner.
School of Graduate Studies and Office of Student Recruitment, Concordia University
Montreal, Quebec, Canada