A Global Experience In A Student City
Northumbria University is a new kind of university that creates global graduates for the 21st Century.
Northumbria University is a new kind of University that creates global graduates for the 21st Century. Study at Northumbria and make a global impact:
- 25% of our on-campus students are international, from over 130 countries. Northumbria academics come from 48 countries and have proven excellence in world class research and international industry experience. This creates a diverse, exciting and global student experience at Northumbria!
- With 500+ institutional partners across the world there are endless opportunities for you to study abroad for one or two semesters and expand your international perspective.
- There are plenty of competitive and non-competitive sports to get involved with and to make the most of your time at Northumbria. Our university is home to international Olympic athletes, including Taka Suziki from Japan, Paralympic gold medallist. What better place to come and play than the 8th best University in the UK sports league?
- We host over 100 societies to jump into and further your cultural experience whilst meeting new people from all over the world!
- Our graduates span across the globe and we are renowned for being in the top ten in the UK for the number of graduates entering professional employment. Our Canadian graduates have gone onto successful global careers in various sectors including Business and Law. Other notable alumni include Sir Jonathon Ive, designer of the iPhone, iPad and iMac.
Rachel Feinsilve is a study abroad student at Northumbria; ‘I would definitely come and study in Newcastle – you will have a unique experience coming to this city that you won’t find anywhere else, and I am so happy I studied here. It was the best experience I have had in my life!’