Take Pride In Your Application, It's Easy!
The application process will differ from university to university; admissions requirements and deadlines vary so it is important to do your research.
You've finally reached Grade 12 and in just a few short months you will be graduating. Soon it will be time to celebrate but first, you need to apply to university. This is new to you; how can you be sure that you are following the process correctly?
The application process will differ from university to university; admissions requirements and deadlines vary so it is important to do your research. Once you have narrowed your selection down to 3-5 schools you will need to research how to apply to each of them. This shouldn't take long; you can consult the website, flip through the viewbook or contact an admissions officer.
There are a few things that you will need to have on hand when it comes time to fill out your application:
- 1. An official transcript which you can request from your guidance counsellor. (Post-secondary transcripts are also required for transfer students.)
- 2. Provide a list of courses that you are currently enrolled in if this is not shown on your transcript.
- 3. A credit card to pay the application fee.
- 4. A thoughtfully written essay if one is required.
- 5. A computer, as most university applications are now online.
Some university applications are available in an online application center or common application (ex. Ontario University Application Centre). These are websites that allow you to apply to multiple universities using the same information for one flat rate.
The final and most important thing is, do not to stress! This is an exciting time in your life and the process is meant to be easy and enjoyable. Admissions representatives are waiting and happy to help you at any step along the way.
Join Saint Mary's University Connect to get VIP information on our events and how to apply.