Finding The Right School For You: 6 Factors To Consider
Your university years are an investment in building your future self - so choose wisely!
Once you've zeroed in on your top-choice program, a few other factors come into play. Here are six things to keep in mind when selecting the right school for you.
- 1. What's the learning environment like? Class size is a key indicator. With more than 46,000 students, Concordia is a big university, but it feels small. Seventy-five percent of classes have fewer than 60 students.
- 2. What opportunities exist for gaining practical experience during your degree? Concordia University's Co-op program lets you complete paid internships in your field.
- 3. What does the city have to offer? Montreal, for example, is uniquely suited to some students' goals for the future.
- A cultural nexus: More people in Montreal work in creative jobs than anywhere else, after London.
- An aerospace capital: Montreal is the third largest aviation centre on the planet.
- A gaming hub: Montreal is number three worldwide for video game production and fourth for visual effects.
- 4. Who are you going to meet? For biochemistry major Noraldin Al-Deri, diversity was a deciding factor. "When you're around people with different opinions, you grow," he says. "I now have friends from around the world." You'll also have the opportunity to study abroad during your degree, thanks to Concordia International.
- 5. What will daily life be like? Montreal is ranked the best city for students in North America.
- 6. What's the vibe on campus? Get a sense by taking a tour and chatting with professors, recruiters and students during Open House. At Concordia, we're known for being friendly and helpful - and we'd love to meet you.